KEENE, N.H. – Keene State's Promise Kpee (Manchester, N.H.) supplied all the offense for the Owls, putting in a pair of second-half markers to lead his team over the visiting University of Massachusetts Dartmouth 21 in the Corsairs' season finale at the Owl Athletic Complex.
Score: Keene State 2, UMass Dartmouth 0
Records: UMass Dartmouth (3-11-1, 2-5-0 LEC) | Keene State (7-5-4, 3-2-2 LEC)
How it Happened
With a scoreless first half in the books, Kpee notched the eventual game-winning goal in the 53rd minute in unassisted fashion when he placed the ball to the back of the net from the left corner of the box, beating UMass Dartmouth goalkeeper Danny Andrade (New Bedford, Mass.) one-on-one.
Kpee doubled-up his total inside the 79th minute, notching his 40th career goal, when he made good on a penalty chance after being taken down in the box. The Owl forward nearly saw a hat trick on the game, but senior defender Akere Tambi (Bamenda, Cameroon) made a goal-line stop in the 85th minute to negate the try.2-7*
Inside the Numbers
- Keene State controlled a 23-13 lead in the shot column, putting on more than 10 in each half.
- Sophomore Andrade finished with a game-high nine saves in a complete 90-minute performance in net.
- UMass Dartmouth senior Fabio Araujo (Fogo, Cape Verde) paced the Corsairs in the shot column, putting four of his six tries on net.
- The Owls held a 6-2 advantage on corner kicks, committing 12 fouls to the Corsairs' seven.
- Keene State avenges losses in the past two seasons to the Corsairs, rising to 17-8-2 overall on the all-time series.
The Corsairs close the 2017 season at 3-11-1, with Keene State advancing to next Wednesday's Little East Conference Tournament semifinals as one of the top four regular-season teams.